the green beans:
Green Bean Tomato Salad Add Ins:
- Vegan Feta or Mozzarella Cheese
- Everything but the Bagel Seasonings
- Black Sesame or Hemp Seeds
- Artichoke Hearts & Avocado
- Black Olives
- Sauteed Mushrooms
Italian Green Bean Tomato Salad
- 1 lb green beans
- 2 heirloom tomatoes
- 3-4 cloves garlic grated
- 2.5 tbsp coco aminos ( or balsamic reduction)
- 1/2 Lemon juiced
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil optional
- 1/4 cup fresh dill basil, chives, tarragon or thyme, roughly chopped
- Rinse the green beans and cut the ends. Place in a steamer and steam for about 5 to 10 minutes until al dente, not mushy.
- Have a bowl of ice water waiting and as soon as the beans have achieved the desired al dente texture just dump them in the water to stop the cooking process. Allow to sit for a few minutes then drain well.
- Meanwhile slice the tomatoes into small wedges. If you have any cherry/ grape tomatoes make sure to half them as well so their juices are exposed.
- Transfer both the sliced tomatoes and cooked green beans to a salad bowl. Drizzle with the coco aminos and lemon juice. Sprinkle with the fresh herbs and mix in the grated garlic. Only add half the garlic at first then taste and add more to your liking. Adjust seasonings to taste with a tiny pinch of sea salt if needed.
$9.99/year. No ads.