No need to bake it either, let it see the flames of the broiler for a few minutes just until golden on top and dig in. Or you can actually use it to stuff some pasta shells with it, note to self.
this vegan spinach artichoke dip is simply the best:
watch how to make vegan spinach & artichoke dip:
Best Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 1/2 lb fresh baby spinach (or 1 cup frozen)
- 15 oz can artichoke hearts ,drained & quartered
- Preheat your broiler.
- Heat up large skillet over medium heat, add a splash of water and the fresh spinach with a tiny pinch of sea salt. Sautee until wilted then season with a pinch of garlic powder. Transfer the spinach to a colander to drain as much of the liquid as possible.
Make the Cheese:
- Soak the cashews for 20 minutes in hot water. Drain and add them to your Vitamix blender together with all the cashew cheese ingredients. Process until combined well. Transfer to a sauce pan and bring to a simmer over medium low flame. Cook for a few minutes until thickened whisking well.
- Stir in the wilted spinach and the artichoke hearts. Taste and season with sea salt and black pepper. (Go light on the salt as the chips you are going to serve this with are usually very salty)
- Transfer the dip to a small cast iron dish (or any broiler proof dish) and broil until golden brown on top to your liking, around 3 minutes.Serve hot with crusty bread, pita chips or fresh cut vegetables.
- if using frozen spinach make sure to thaw it out first and squeeze as much of the liquid out of of it as possible. You should end up with about one cup of spinach.