How to Serve Vegan Italian Meatballs:
How to Make Vegan Italian Meatballs
- 1 cup mashed potatoes -salted only
- 1/2 cup cannellini beans -cooked & mashed
- 2 tbsp liquid aminos (or soy sauce)
- 1/2 cup veggie stock
- 1 cup vital wheat gluten
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp smoke paprika
- 2 tbsp vegan Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 tsp sea salt -or to taste
- 1/2 small onion -grated
- 6 cloves garlic -grated
- 2 tbsp dry oregano
- 1/3 cup Italian parsley -chopped
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds -finely chopped
- 4 tbsp hemp hearts (optional)
- 1 pinch freshly cracked black pepper -to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F”.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the mashed potatoes, beans, wheat gluten, liquid aminos, veggie stock, grated onion and garlic, hemp, parsley and all the spices. Use your hands to mix everything well until combined and a dough like texture is achieved.
- Lightly oil your hands with some olive oil, tear small pieces from the dough and form them into golf size balls. Place them on a large parchment lined rimmed cookie sheet without touching each other.
- Bake the vegan meatballs on a parchment lined baking sheet for 15 minutes. Use a pair of kitchen tongues and flip the balls carefully and bake another 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat up the Marinara sauce. Transfer the balls to the simmering sauce and cook for a couple of minutes until warmed through.
- Grill or toast the sub buns to your liking and use the garlic clove to rub the inside of each bun. Spoon some of the sauce on the bottom and add a slice of your favorite vegan cheese.
- Toss the arugula with a squeeze of lemon juice and a pinch of sea salt then place some inside each sub. Top with three vegan meatballs, more sauce and a good sprinkling of this walnut parmesan cheese and extra hemp seeds.
$9.99/year. No ads.