Quick and easy tutorial: how to make homemade hemp seed milk ready in less than 5 minutes. Nut-free, raw and good for you, perfect for your morning coffee or favorite smoothie.
If you are looking for a plant-milk with creamy consistency good even for latte art, then hemp seed milk is for you.
Not only is it healthy and tasty, but it requires no overnight soaking of the seeds. You can literally throw everything in a high-speed blender at the last minute and have a creamy, frothy beverage in no time. If you are looking for something fatter and even creamier try this easy cashew milk instead.
Hemps seeds, or otherwise known as hearts in the superfood community, are simply the seeds of the hemp plant aka Cannabis sativa. The same stuff they press to make hemp oil.
No my friends, we won’t be getting high from them as they do not contain THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), instead we can benefit from all their good for you superfood power.
Hemp Seed Milk Benefits
- Perfect Protein Source containing all 20 amino-acids + 9 of the essential amino acids our bodies can not produce.
- Rich in GLA (gamma linoleic acid) – essential Omega-6 fatty acid
- High in Fiber
- Help with weight -loss
- High in Omega 3 fats
- Cancer Fighting Properties
- Promote Healthy Hair, Skin & Nails
- Boost the Immune System.
How to Make Hemp Seed Milk
Quick and easy, homemade hemp seed milk ready in less than 5 minutes. Nut-free, raw and good for you, perfect for morning coffee or favorite smoothie.Print Recipe
- Place the hemp seeds, water, maple and vanilla in a high-speed blender and process until smooth.
- Line a mesh strainer with cheese cloth and strain the milk into an airtight container/ bottle. Refrigerate for up to 5 days. Make sure to give it a good shake before consuming as separation is normal in a pure natural product.
Calories: 239kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 13mg | Potassium: 52mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 195IU | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 5.6mg
Servings: 4 people