Agua Fresca is Everything in the Hot Summer Months!
Filtering your drink is totally optional, If you don’t mind the pulp is best to keep all that fiber in your diet. Otherwise you can freeze it for later to use in smoothies. I prefer my aqua fresca more concentrated so I can add ice and more water to stretch it out If I want to.
11 Agua Frescas de Frutas Flavors:
4. Cucumber / de Pepino
1/4 cup agave (or to taste)
method: Soak the rice in the water for a couple of hours before pureeing in a high speed blender. Strain through a mesh strainer and discard the rice. Mix the rice water with the hemp milk, cinnamon and vanilla until combines. Sweeten to taste with agave, chill and serve over ice.
11. Hibiscus tea aka Agua de Jamaica:
method: Cold brew 1/4 cup dried hibiscus petals + 5 cups water + 1 cinnamon stick. Refrigerate overnight. Strain, sweeten to taste and serve over ice.
P.S. As always, please remember to come back here to rate this recipe, snap a photo and tag us with #VeggieSociety on Instagram.
How to Make Agua Fresca
- 2 cups fruit / frutas: cantaloupe, watermelon, strawberries, mango, papaya, peaches, cucumber, pineapple, tamarindo. -diced
- 2.5 cups filtered water +more as needed
- 1 large lime -extra juicy
- 1 tbsp agave +more to taste
- Add the diced fruit, water and lime juice to a high power blender (I love my Ninja) and puree for about one minute until completely smooth. Strain through a fine mesh (optional), taste and sweeten to taste with agave syrup if desired. Add more lime juice as well until the perfect sweet and sour balance is achieved. Serve over ice!