Healthy Veggie Stir Fry Recipe ~ Easy
This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy.
Easy and healthy veggie stir fry recipe with ginger, garlic, tempeh and coco aminos that comes together in no time. Colorful bell peppers, cremini mushroom, purple onions, golden potatoes and smoky tempeh bits deliver like a boss in this comforting vegan entree.
You could go for soba noodles, brown rice or quinoa instead of the potatoes of course, even add some broccoli, snow peas, shredded cabbage, spinach or water chestnuts to the mix.
Easiest Veggie Stir-Fry Ever!
Made without a wok and without soy sauce!
We are using magical Coco Aminos as a simple sauce to bring this dish together in one pan. Then we balance it all out with a squeeze of lime or rice vinegar. No need to prepare any sauce on the side, no need for cornstarch or any thickeners.
For those of you not familiar with Coco Aminos, it is an all purpose, sweet and tangy seasoning sauce that is soy and gluten-free and of course vegan. It is made from coconut blossom nectar, low glycemic and rich in essential amino acids with a lovely natural sweetness so you don’t need to add any sugar to your sauce at all.
In my humble opinion, the best stir-fry sauce on the Planet!
As always, If you make this recipe remember to come back here and rate it, snap a photo and tag us with #VeggieSociety on Instagram.
Healthy Veggie Stir-Fry Recipe
Easy and healthy veggie stir fry recipe with ginger, garlic, tempeh and coco aminos that comes together in no time.Print Recipe
- 2 bell peppers -sliced into strips
- 1/2 lb mushrooms -sliced
- 1 red onion -sliced
- 1/4 cup coco aminos
- 5 cloves garlic -grated
- 1 tbsp ginger root -grated
- 6 strips smoked tempeh -chopped
- 1/4 cup onion chives -chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 5 golden potatoes (or you can use soba noodles instead)
- 2 tsp sesame or olive oil + more to taste
- 1/2 lime (or a splash of rice vinegar)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes + more to taste
- 4 tsp sesame seeds (for serving)
- Scrub the golden potatoes well and cut them into 1/3 inch slices. Add them to a stock up and cover with cold water by 2 inches. Bring to a boil and generously season withs sea salt. Cook until tender but still holding their shape well. Make sure to not overcook them so keep a close eye on them. Drain in colander and allow them to dry well in their own steam.
- In a large mixing bowl toss together the bell peppers, mushrooms and onion with one teaspoon of the oil to coat well.
- Preheat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high flame and add your veggies with a good pinch of sea salt and red pepper flakes Toss to coat well and stir-fry for about 5 minutes on high until they have softened to your liking and start to get some nice caramelization around the edges.
- Meanwhile preheat another cast iron skillet on medium high flame and pan sear the tempeh until golden brown, about 5 minutes or so. Set aside until needed.
- Use your kitchen tongues to push the veggies to the sides of the pan and add a drop of oil in the center. Add the grated garlic and ginger and cook for about 10 to 15 seconds, just enough to release their aromas. Give everything a big stir to combine then pour in the coco aminos. Toss to coat well then add the cooked potato wedges and tempeh.
- Gently give everything a mix to coat in the sauce. Adjust seasonings to taste with a squeeze of lime and rice vinegar. Serve with the sesame seeds, chives and cilantro on top.
If you prefer you can stretch the sauce with a good squeeze of freshly squeezed orange juice, and use an orange infused oil for a more in depth orange flavor.
Calories: 224kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 368mg | Potassium: 1248mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 2040IU | Vitamin C: 108.7mg | Calcium: 103mg | Iron: 7.9mg
Servings: 4 people
Making this right now for the second time after purchasing coco aminos. Well let me tell you that my life got so much easier with this sauce and this healthy dinner. As soon as I added the garlic and ginger to the pan, all my kids came running to the table. I’d give it 10 stars if it let me ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️