The ultimate vegan cashew queso dip from scratch, made with whole foods in your blender processed until creamy and luxuriously silky. No cook, super delicious, quick and easy to make, healthy, dairy-free, gluten-free and Whole30 friendly!
What is vegan queso made of ?
To make a nut-free queso you can replace the cashews with one cup of cooked chickpeas or a couple of boiled golden potatoes.
this vegan queso checks all the boxes:
made without milk.
how to make amazing vegan cashew queso:
- Start with a really good tomato sauce like my thick San Marzano Marinara. If you have a store bought favorite sauce it will work just fine.
- Blend together with some raw cashes, water and spices in your Vitamix. No need to soak you guys, that’s the magic of a powerful blender paying off.
- Drizzle over everything!
Being that this is a dairy-free recipe the queso can be easily frozen in lidded freezer proof containers up to 5 months. Remember to thaw it out in the refrigerator before using or warming through. Use a whisk to mix until smooth.
what to serve with:
drizzled over these cauliflower steaks
other recipes you’ll love:
Vegan Cashew Queso
- Add the water, marinara, onion powder, garlic, nutritional yeast, smoked paprika, salt and cashews into your Vitamix blender in that order. Process on the smoothie setting for one full cycle until smooth and lusciously creamy. If you prefer your queso dip a little on the spicy side make sure to add a little pinch of chili powder into the mix.
- Serve it in a bowl or drizzle it over nachos, tacos, veggie burgers, dip your chips or spring rolls and refrigerate up to one week if you have any leftovers.
- if you prefer your queso on the thicker side start with only 3/4 cups of hot water. Add more if you want to thin it out once everything is combined. Alternatively you can blend in 1 tablespoon of tapioca from the very start for a way thicker texture.
- To make a nut-free queso you can replace the cashews in the recipe with one cup of cooked chickpeas or a couple of boiled golden potatoes
- If you don’t have a powerful blender make sure to soak the cashews in hot water for 45 minutes before blending.