Quick, Easy, Healthy, Beyond Delicious!
Best part: 100% Vegan!
How to Make Italian Avocado Bruschetta Appetizers:
- Grill slices of crusty bread until nice grill marks form.
- Rub the bread with a clove of garlic to your liking.
- Traditionally lightly brush with olive oil & a pinch of salt.
- Top smashed avocado, tomatoes and basil, or your favorite toppings.
- Optional: finish with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar reduction.
Avocado Bruschetta Appetizer
- 2 slices whole wheat crusty bread
- 1 large avocado
- 1 clove garlic -large
- 1/2 cup heirloom cherry tomatoes -chopped
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon or lime
- 1/4 cup chives -chopped
- 2 strips smoked tempeh (plant-based bacon) -chopped
- 1 tbsp green or purple basil with blossoms for garnish (optional)
- 2 tsp hemp seeds
- 1 pinch sea salt +more to taste
- Preheat a cast iron plate for griddle over medium high flame. Grill the bread on each side until charred.
- Rub one side of each slice of the grilled bread with the garlic clove to your liking, the brush lightly with olive oil. Season with a pinch of sea salt.
- Slice the avocado, discard the pit and scoop the flesh into a bowl. Squeeze some of the lemon juice on top, add a pinch of sea salt and lightly smash it with the back of a spoon or fork.
- Scoop the avocado on top of the bruschetta and sprinkle with the sliced tomatoes.
- Meanwhile pan sear the tempeh in the same cast iron skillet until golden brown and crispy to your liking. (You might want to add a light drizzle of olive oil to help it along).
- Sprinkle the tempeh on top of the bruschetta together with the hemp seeds.Garnish with the basil and fresh chives and serve promptly.