The Best Spinach Strawberry Salad!
The Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing:
- There are a few directions you can take this but I wanted something creamy and luscious with sweet and tangy notes. The puree of ripe strawberries, fresh lemon and olive oil delivers the magic I am after.
- Instead of the creamy dressing you can opt for a light poppyseed vinaigrette made with a white balsamic vinegar. If you are lucky to get your hands on a peach balsamic that would be divine.
- For those of you on a WFPB diet there are a few ideas to make this dressing oil free in the recipe card below.
note: spinach is one of the lowest-calorie foods on the planet. A great source of Iron, vitamin K, C and A, calcium, lutein. Strawberries contain only about 50 calories per cup and are a great source of calcium, phosphorus, vitamin C and potassium.
How to Make Spinach Strawberry Walnut Salad:
Easy Spinach Strawberry Walnut Salad
- 1/2 lb baby spinach
- 1 cup strawberries - sliced
- 1 cup walnuts - toasted or glazed
- Add all of the salad dressing ingredients but the poppyseeds to the bowl of a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Taste and add more lemon and maple syrup / coconut nectar to taste. ( You can add a splash of water If you like to thin it out). Stir in the poppy seeds at this point.
- Add the spinach and sliced strawberries to a large salad bowl. Pour the dressing over the top and toss to coat well. Sprinkle with the walnuts and serve promptly.
WFPB Oil-Free Dressing:
- Simply replace the EVOO in the recipe with equal parts of water, white balsamic vinegar reduction, 1/2 banana or 1/4 cup apple sauce. Blend with the rest of the dressing ingredients and pour over the salad.
$9.99/year. No ads.