Since it doesn’t contain any caffeine you can enjoy it late into the evening hours without any worries about not being able to fall asleep. Au contraire kids, you get extra perks besides the delicious taste.
Golden Turmeric Latte Benefits:
Why Add Black Pepper ?
5 % of the turmeric spice is composed of an active compound called curcumin that also gives it the beautiful golden yellow color. But when consumed on its own our liver is actively trying to get rid of. However the piperine compound in black pepper actually inhibits this process of the liver thus boosting the bioavailability of curcumin by as much as 2000% (Source: NutritionFacts.org)
Golden Turmeric Latte
- 1 cup cashew, almond, oat or soy milk (organic)
- 1/2 inch fresh turmeric root (or 1.5 tsp turmeric powder)
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger (or 1/4 inch fresh root)
- 1 pinch ground black pepper (1/4 tsp)
- 2 tsp maple syrup (or to taste)
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon (or cardamon)
- Combine cashew milk, turmeric, ginger, maple syrup and pepper in a high speed blender and process until smooth.Pour into a saucepan and bring to a simmer on low flame. Remove from heat and serve hot garnished with the cinnamon.