There’s Garlic Bread and then there’s this garlicky Cheesy Pull Apart Bread! 100% Vegan!
Be Still My Heart!
You don’t usually see these types of recipes on this blog but it’s the Super Bowl this Sunday you guys, plus we’ve just wrapped up a healthy January and now we are craving a big treat. The kind of mouthwatering treat that is filling and satisfying and worth the gazillion calories.
how to make the best vegan garlic bread:
how to make garlic bread spread:
Mix together softened vegan butter with grated garlic, fresh Italian parsley and a pinch of sea salt until combined. Magic done!
You Should Totally Make this Vegan Garlic Bread! It’s:
what to serve with:
Is Garlic Bread Suitable for Vegans ?
Most commercial varieties are not but at home it is easily made vegan by using dairy-free butter and cheese. Homemade is best anyway!
Ideally you’d be serving this straight out of the oven as soon as it is ready, but if your guests are running late just keep the bread in a warm oven loosely covered with the aluminum foil.
watch how to make it:
Cheesy Vegan Garlic Bread
- 1 X 10 oz Italian crusty bread loaf ( a small round loaf)
- 8 oz vegan cheese
- 2 tbsp vegan butter (at room temperature)
- 1-2 cloves garlic -grated
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley -roughly chopped
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (Optional)
- 1 pibch sea salt to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375”F
- In a small bowl mix together the soft butter with the grated garlic, red pepper flakes, sea salt and 1/4 cup of the chopped parsley.
- Using a serrated knife cut 1 inch slices into the bread, making sure NOT to cut all the way through the bottom. It needs to fan out much like an accordion, with the bottom intact.
- Use a butter knife and spread a thin layer of the butter mixture on each slice of the bread.
- Use the serrated knife again and cut across the bread loaf to form 1 inch squares. Proceed very carefully again so you DO NOT cut through the bottom of the bread.
- Slice up the cheese into small thin slices (similar size to the square size of the bread). Do your best and stuff one slice of the cheese in each bread opening. Don’t worry, it goes super quick, it shouldn’t take you more than 3 minutes.
- Place the cheese bread on a baking sheet and cover loosely with aluminum foil. Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes or so.
- Optional: Remove the foil and turn up the heat to 400”F. Bake a few more minutes until the top is nicely golden and crusty with the cheese oozing from the sides. Serve straight out of the oven sprinkled with fresh parsley leaves.