Vegan Brussels Sprouts Recipe with Balsamic Glaze
This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy.
The best Vegan Brussels Sprouts recipe with balsamic glaze, super easy to make and just perfect for your vegan Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday table.
Reminiscing of mini cabbages, i don’t know many people dreaming of Brussels sprouts on the daily. But come the holidays these babies have claimed their place of honor at the table.
Wanna Know the Best Way to Cook Brussel Sprouts?
The secret lies in perfectly oven roasting them in a cast iron skillet!
There’s nothing out there that roasts anything like that old cast iron skillet you have hidden somewhere. So dust it off, give it a good rinse, maybe a thin layer of oil to season it well if you haven’t used it in a while. Use the biggest one you’ve got too. The more space the Brussels sprouts have the crispier they will get. Do as I say not as i do, I clearly could have given mine some breathing space. Oh well…
- Keep it simple, just a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of sea salt is all you need, I swear.
- Make sure to cut the Brussels Sprouts into similar sizes so they all roast in the same amount of time, toss with the olive oil and sea salt to coat really well and roast away.
- Once nice and crispy and caramelized at the edges toss them all in a bowl with your favorite balsamic glaze. Magic! But only do this right before serving and have some extra glaze for drizzling on the side.
Oh, if you happen to fancy roasted chestnuts this is definitely the time and a great dish to add them to. Random I know, but sooooo good! Throw them in there!
Truly the Best Vegan Brussels Sprouts:
Balsamic glazed <—who can resist ?!
Side Dish & Appetizer
Without Bacon because Pigs are Our Friends
100% Vegan & Cruelty-Free!
They pair well this Shepherd’s Pie, Lentil Veggie Loaf, Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Creamy Green Beans.
P.S. If you make this recipe remember to come back here to rate, snap a photo and tag us with #VeggieSociety on Instagram, it totally makes my day!
Vegan Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Glaze
The best Vegan Brussels Sprouts recipe with balsamic glaze, super easy to make and just perfect for your vegan Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday table.Print Recipe
- 1.5 lb Brussels sprouts
- 2 tbsp balsamic glaze (+more for serving)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 lemon (cut into wedges for serving)
- Preheat over to 425”F
- Rinse and dry the Brussels Sprouts very well.
- Trim the tough ends and discard then cut all the sprouts in half lengthwise. If they are on the larger side quarter them. The idea is to have equal size pieces.
- n a large bowl toss together the Brussels sprouts with the olive oil, sea salt and black pepper. Transfer to a large cast iron skillet and roast in the preheated 425”F oven for 15 minutes. Use a pair of kitchen tongues and carefully give everything a good toss. Roast anther 15 minutes until the sprouts are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with the balsamic reduction. Toss to coat well and serve promptly with the lemon wedges on the side.
- If you fancy a little smoky flavor and salty bits just pan sear some Smoked tempeh or your favorite vegan bacon to crumble over the top.
Calories: 124kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 624mg | Potassium: 698mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1280IU | Vitamin C: 158.9mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 2.5mg
Servings: 4 people
Just tested these Brussels Sprouts for our Thanksgiving menu and I’m happy to report they made the cut. Definitely make twice as much if you have guests, these will be gone in no time. Fantastic recipe!
My wonderful son-in-law fixed this for our Father’s Day dinner. Oh my goodness, talk about a bowl of deliciousness. I was very glad to hear some of our guests don’t eat brussel sprouts – yay!!! More for me 😁
How do I make this if I don’t have a cast iron pan? Just on a cookie sheet?
Just use a heavy bottom pan that retains heat well.