The best vegan Brussels Sprouts recipe with balsamic glaze, super easy to make and just perfect for your Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday table.
The Best Way to Cook Brussels Sprouts
The first secret here lies in perfectly oven roasting them in a cast iron skillet! There’s really nothing out there that roasts anything like that old cast iron skillet you have hidden somewhere in the pantry. So dust it off, give it a good scrub and rinse and a thin layer of vegetable oil to season it well especially if you haven’t used it in some time.
The second secret: Use the biggest skillet you’ve got. The more space the Brussels sprouts have the crispier they will get. Do as I say not as I do, I clearly could have given mine some extra breathing space.
- Keep it simple, just a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of sea salt is all you need here.
- Make sure to cut the sprouts into similar sizes so they all roast in the same amount of time; just toss with olive oil and salt to coat them really well and roast away.
- One nice and crispy and caramelized around the edges, toss all your sprouts in a bowl with your favorite balsamic glaze. Magic! But wait to do this step just before serving and have some extra glaze for drizzling or dipping on the side.
Add Ins Idea
The Best Vegan Brussels Sprouts
- Balsamic glazed <—who can resist..?!
- Incredibly easy to make
- Super tasty caramelized edges
- Side dish + appetizer
- 100% vegan + cruelty-free
- Without bacon because pigs like puppies are our friends!
What to Pair With
- Shepherd’s Pie
- Veggie Lentil Loaf
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Vegan Green Bean Casserole
- Mashed Potato Salad
- Olive Oil Mashed Potatoes.
Vegan Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Glaze
- Preheat over to 425”F
- Rinse and dry the Brussels Sprouts very well.
- Trim the tough ends and discard then cut all the sprouts in half lengthwise. If they are on the larger side quarter them. The idea is to have equal size pieces.
- n a large bowl toss together the Brussels sprouts with the olive oil, sea salt and black pepper. Transfer to a large cast iron skillet and roast in the preheated 425”F oven for 15 minutes. Use a pair of kitchen tongues and carefully give everything a good toss. Roast anther 15 minutes until the sprouts are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with the balsamic reduction. Toss to coat well and serve promptly with the lemon wedges on the side.
- If you fancy a little smoky flavor and salty bits just pan sear some Smoked tempeh or your favorite vegan bacon to crumble over the top.