A short cut to your classic stuffed peppers but quicker and easier without sacrificing any of the amazing flavor at all.
Traditionally made with ground up animal parts (Yikes) and white rice, we are making it cruelty-free without meat and actually healthy, nutritious and good for you. You can literally eat this every day If you wanted to.
There’s meaty texture from mushrooms and instead of empty white rice we are using nutty farro grains that are packed with nutrients, tasty and filling.
the bell peppers:
I like to use a colorful mix of bell peppers, If you seem to be fond of just green, or orange or red varieties by all means use those. I like the marriage of flavors between the bitterness of the greens and the sweetness of the others.
Don’t have any farro ?
No problem, use barley or protein packed quinoa instead. If opting for brown rice just remember to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
This Stuffed Pepper Soup Is Everything:
Watch How To Make Easy Stuffed Pepper Soup:
Easy Stuffed Pepper Soup
- 3-4 bell peppers -diced
- 1 medium leek
- 1 carrot -diced
- 1 celery rib -diced
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms -chopped
- 1.25 cups farro
- 15 oz San Marzano Tomatoes (lightly crushed)
- 6-8 cups veggie stock (salt free)
- 4 cloves garlic -minced
- 2 leaves bay
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1/3 cup flat leaf Italian parsley (roughly chopped)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (optional)
- 1 pinch sea salt -to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper (for serving)
- Slice the leek lengthwise, chop and rinse it well.
- Preheat a heavy stock pot over medium flame. Add a splash of water and the leeks with a pinch of sea salt and saute until wilted.
- Add the carrot and celery and saute a few more minutes until they begin to soften. Add the mushrooms and cook until wilted. Stir in the garlic, bay leaves and spices and toss to coat well.
- Add the bell peppers, tomatoes and 6 cups of the veggies tock and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the farro, cover with a lid and cook 15 to 20 minutes until the farro is al dente.
- Taste and adjust seasonings with the sea salt. Add more veggie stock at this time to thin out the soup if desired.
- Serve with the fresh parsley, extra red pepper flakes and freshly cracked pepper on top.