Make this roasted pepper sauce today! It’s:
Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Dipping Sauce
- 4 red bell peppers (or a 16 oz jar)
- 3 cloves garlic -grated
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (or your favorite kind)
- 1.5 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes -or to taste
- 1 pinch sea salt to taste
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil or water (optional)
- If using the jarred peppers make sure to drain them well first.If using fresh peppers rinse them well and preheat your broiler.
- Place the peppers on a broiler proof rimmed tray and broil until charred on all sides, about 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a bowl and cover until cool enough to handle. With your fingers gently peel the charred skins, they should easily slide off. Discard the pepper core and the seeds.
- Add the roasted peppers to a food processor together with the apple cider vinegar, smoked paprika, chili flakes and a pinch of sea salt. Process until smooth. Add a drizzle of olive oil or water to stretch out the sauce if needed.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the grated garlic. Taste and adjust seasonings with more sea salt and vinegar. Turn up the heat with more spicy red pepper flakes if desired.
- Serve as a dipping sauce or toss with your favorite pasta like spaghetti, gnocchi or even use as a lasagna sauce.