Fresh ginger turmeric lemonade recipe made with whole foods: fresh ginger and turmeric root and a touch of black peppercorns to boost the absorption of cur cumin and stimulate the taste buds.
This homemade turmeric lemonade is as wholesome as it gets. I used whole peeled lemons, fresh turmeric and ginger roots, plus a pinch of whole Malabar peppercorns. Yes you guys, I added black pepper to lemonade and I promise you won’t even know it’s there.
I’ve experimented with a few variations of this recipe and finally decided this is the best way to make it and get the most benefits.
Vegan. Gluten-free. Oil-Free. Good for You!
Initially I started making for the BatMan to help recovery from inflammation after his workouts. But then I discovered how delicious and refreshing it really is and have been making it on a regular basis. There’s always a bottle or big pitcher of this to be found in our overstuffed fridge during the dog days of summer.
Turmeric Lemonade Benefits
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- DNA protection
- Detoxifying + Glowing skin
- Natural painkiller
- Nausea remedy
- Preventing Alzheimer’s
- Carcinogen blocking effects
- Promotes a heart-healthy diet.
Good to Know
According to NutritionFacts.org pregnant women, people with gallstones and kidney stones, should moderate their turmeric consumption.
No matter how hard I try to capture the beauty of this golden turmeric color, one can’t really appreciate its beauty unless seen in person. That gorgeous yellow color is all thanks to the curcuminoids compound found in turmeric. If using dates to sweeten your lemonade just keep in mind that this bright color will change and become darker.
How to Make Ginger Turmeric Lemonade
Ginger Turmeric Lemonade
- Using a sharp knife cut the peel of off the lemons. Discard the seeds then add the lemons to a powerful blender or food processor.
- Peel the turmeric and ginger root and add them to the blender together with the peppercorns and sweetener or choice.
- Process until completely smooth. Taste and adjust sweetness to taste. Serve chilled over ice.
- If using dates to sweeten your lemonade just know that the bright yellow color will change a bit and become darker.