Fresh ginger turmeric lemonade recipe made with whole foods: fresh ginger and turmeric root and a touch of black peppercorns to boost the absorption of curcumin and stimulate the taste buds.
I’ve experimented with a few variations of this recipe and finally decided this is the best way to make it and get the most benefits.
Vegan. Gluten-Free. Oil-Free.
Initially I started making it for the Batman so he can stop complaining about inflammation after his workouts. But then I discovered how delicious and refreshing it really is and I’ve been making it on a regular basis. There’s always a bottle or big pitcher of it sitting in our overstuffed fridge now.
Try experimenting with some blackberries, raspberries, blood oranges and even adding a jalapeño into the mix.
Turmeric Lemonade Benefits:
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- DNA protection
- Detoxifying + Glowing skin
- Natural painkiller
- Nausea remedy
- Preventing Alzheimer’s
- Carcinogen blocking effects
- Promotes a heart-healthy diet.
good to know: According to NutritionFacts.org pregnant women, people with gallstones and kidney stones should moderate their turmeric consumption.
Ginger Turmeric Lemonade
- Using a sharp knife cut the peel of off the lemons. Discard the seeds then add the lemons to a powerful blender or food processor.
- Peel the turmeric and ginger root and add them to the blender together with the peppercorns and sweetener or choice.
- Process until completely smooth. Taste and adjust sweetness to taste. Serve chilled over ice.
- If using dates to sweeten your lemonade just know that the bright yellow color will change a bit and become darker.
$9.99/year. No ads.