Raw, healthy and refreshing cucumber mint lemonade recipe to help you stay deliciously hydrated during the hottest summer days.
There is no cooking involved my friends, just a powerful blender or food processor to puree the ingredients into a smooth beverage reminiscent of aqua fresca. Actually I’m pretty sure that technically this is a cucumber aqua fresca after all. Ha! Whatever you wanna call it!
In the Mood for a Cocktail ?
All you need to do is add a splash of good rum or vodka to your lemonade and voila! Happy hour like a boss! Remember to give yourself a good tip 😉
Fresh Mint. Refreshing Cucumbers. Zesty Lemons.
Make it without sugar: use a few dates instead, a touch of maple syrup or coconut nectar to taste. Have some fun and add some chia seeds into the mix as well. Stay deliciously hydrated, take it to a party and share with your friends! Remember to tag me with #VeggieSociety on Insta and if you have the time come back here to rate it!
How to Make Cucumber Mint Lemonade:
Cucumber Mint Lemonade
- 4 lemons -peeled & seeds discarded
- 1 lemon (sliced for garnish)
- 1/2 English cucumber -sliced
- 1/2 English cucumber -diced
- 5 sprigs fresh mint (leaves only) +some for garnish
- 6 cups filtered water
- 1/3 cup agave syrup or coconut nectar (or to taste)
- Add the diced cucumber and peeled lemons together with the mint leaves and agave syrup to a powerful blender or food processor. Add the water and blend until smooth to your liking. ( If using a food processor you might want to strain it at this point. If using a Vitamix there won't be any need for straining).Taste and adjust sweetness with more syrup or nectar.
- Transfer the lemonade to a pitcher with the reserved cucumber, lemon slices and mint sprigs. Serve over ice.
- Add 1/4 cup of chia seeds to the lemonade to boost up the nutritional value.
- If using a powerful blender like a Vitamix you won't need to strain the lemonade.
$9.99/year. No ads.