If you want to make a savory variety of these sweet potato rounds just follow the basic recipe below, top them with guacamole or slices of avocado instead (maybe some black beans) sprinkle with everything bagel seasonings and voila! Super delish, they’re gonna be a hit either way, I say make both!
Sweet Potatoes + Goat Cheese + Cranberries + Balsamic Glaze!
(Insert Hearts in the Eyes Emoji Here lol ).
These Roasted Sweet Potato Rounds Appetizers Are Everything:
Roasted Sweet Potato Rounds Appetizer
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1/3 cup candied walnuts or pecans
- 1/3 cup orange cranberries -dried
- 2 tbsp balsamic glaze
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
- 3/4 tsp sea salt ( or to taste)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 tsp blood orange olive oil (for garnish)
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup or coconut nectar
- zest from 1 lemon
- 5 oz vegan goat cheese (recipe include)
- 10 leaves fresh basil (tiny ones for garnish)
- Preheat your oven to 500”F. In a small bowl combine the plain olive oil, sea salt and paprika.
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into 1 inch thick rounds. Take each sweet potato round and coat it in the olive oil mixture. Place them on a large baking tray without touching each other.
- Bake the sweet potatoes for 8 to 10 minutes on each side until golden, flipping them half way through.
- Transfer to a serving tray and top with the vegan goat cheese, candied walnuts, and cranberries. Drizzle coconut nectar or maple syrup and sprinkle with the lemon zest.
- Just before serving finish with a light drizzle of orange infused olive oil, the balsamic glaze and garnish with the fresh basil leaves.
How to Make the Vegan Goat Cheese:
- Rinse and soak the cashews and macadamia nuts in hot water for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Drain the nuts and add them to a powerful blender together with the lemon juice, vinegar, sea salt, water, probiotic powder and miso. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a glass container, cover with lid and store in a warm spot (your oven works well) overnight.
- At this point if you feel your goat cheese is too creamy just place it in some cheesecloth and allow it to drain in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight. Use a fork to crumble it to your liking.
$9.99/year. No ads.