Vegan Cashew Queso
The ultimate vegan cashew queso dip from scratch, made with whole foods in your blender processed until creamy and luxuriously silky. No cook, super delicious, quick and easy to make, healthy, dairy-free, gluten-free and Whole30 friendly!
Servings 8 people
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 3/4 -1 cup hot water
- 1/3 cup marinara sauce
- 2 tbsp nooch
- 1.5 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika + more to taste
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt + black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp chili powder for spice optional
Add the water, marinara, onion powder, garlic, nutritional yeast, smoked paprika, salt and cashews into your Vitamix blender in that order. Process on the smoothie setting for one full cycle until smooth and lusciously creamy. If you prefer your queso dip a little on the spicy side make sure to add a little pinch of chili powder into the mix.
Serve it in a bowl or drizzle it over nachos, tacos, veggie burgers, dip your chips or spring rolls and refrigerate up to one week if you have any leftovers.
- if you prefer your queso on the thicker side start with only 3/4 cups of hot water. Add more if you want to thin it out once everything is combined. Alternatively you can blend in 1 tablespoon of tapioca from the very start for a way thicker texture.
- To make a nut-free queso you can replace the cashews in the recipe with one cup of cooked chickpeas or a couple of boiled golden potatoes
- If you don’t have a powerful blender make sure to soak the cashews in hot water for 45 minutes before blending.
Calories: 101kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 57mg | Potassium: 178mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 106IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg