What Is Nice Cream ?
Protein powders can be added if desired together with your favorite toppings to make for a nutritious and super tasty breakfast bowl.
This Pitaya Mango Nice Cream is Everything:
You don’t even need an ice-cream maker.
There are 2 ways to make it:
Easy like Sunday morning kids! How good does this look ?!
Favorite Nice Cream Flavors:
P.S. If you make this recipe please come back here to rate it, snap a photo and tag us with #VeggieSociety on Instagram. It totally makes my day 🙂
How to Make it:
Pitaya Mango Banana Nice Cream
Tropical mango nice cream made with frozen bananas, pitaya (dragon fruit) and mangos. The best summer dessert that is good and good for you
- 3.5 cups frozen banana (3-4 large bananas)
- 1/2 lb frozen mango (cut into chunks)
- 3.5 oz frozen dragonfruit purée
- 1 tbsp coconut milk or lime juice (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 tbsp basil leaves -for garnish
Add the frozen mango, bananas and dragon fruit to a powerful blender (I used my Vitamin) or food processor together with 1 tbsp of coconut milk (or lime juice) and vanilla.
Process on the frozen dessert setting in the Vitamix and use the temper to help push the frozen fruit into the blades. You might need to process 1.5 times to get the creamy smooth texture you love.
If using a food processor make sure to pause and scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
At this point you’ll have a soft serve ready to enjoy sprinkled with some fresh basil or your favorite toppings. To harden it up to a thicker texture you can just pop your nice cream in the freezer for 30 minutes or so.
- Nice cream can be stored in a glass container with a lid in the freezer, just remember to bring it to room temperature for about 20 minutes before serving.
- Nice cream too runny ? It just means you probably added too much liquid or over blended it. Just pop in the freezer for about 30 to 45 minutes for a perfect creamy texture.