Fresh peach salsa recipe with basil, lemon and jalapeno + a few different combinations to experiment with. From tomatoes to pineapple and avocado, you are sure to find your favorite peach salsa combination. Healthy, vegan, no oil and gluten free!
The best way to enjoy the bounty of juicy yellow peaches besides eating them over the kitchen sink with their sticky juices dripping down your arm. It’s definitely worth the clean up!
Make this during the summer months when peaches are their peak. Look for peaches that are fragrant, a little firm but with a nice give, much like picking a ripe avocado. Just please do not use frozen or canned peaches here.
How to Make Fresh Peach Salsa:
- Start with ripe yellow peaches, rinse them well, discard the pit and dice the peaches.
- Choose between fresh basil or cilantro. I’m really fond of basil during summertime and it pairs well with the peaches but a Mexican version with cilantro has its own charm.
- Acidity: again you have a choice between lemon or lime, choose whatever rocks your tastebuds!
- Make it spicy: jalapeno, habanero or red chili all work well here, if you are looking to spice things up quite a bit then habanero delivers the most heat.
- Balance the acidy of the lemons with a drizzle of maple syrup, however make sure to taste as you go, if your peaches are very sweet you might not need to adjust anything.
- You can go for a mix of peaches and mangos if desired or any of the combinations listed below, a half and half ratio is ideal.
Peach Salsa Recipe Combinations:
- peach + mango
- pineapple & peach
- tomato + peach
- avocado + peach.
Can You Freeze Fresh Peach Salsa ?
Not a good idea to freeze this as the texture will be completely ruined and mushy when defrosting. The magic of this salsa really comes from the freshness of the peaches and herbs which is what makes it such a seasonal recipe. You’ve gotta make it during the short months of summer.
P.S. As always if you make this recipe please come back here to rate it, snap a photo and tag me with #VeggieSociety on Instagram, it always makes my day ~ Florentina Xo’s
Peach Salsa Recipe
- 5-6 yellow peaches
- 1 jalapeno or habanero
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/3 cup fresh basil (or cilantro)
- 1 lemon (or lime)
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup , or to taste
- sea salt to taste
- Rinse the peaches well and discard the pit. Dice the peaches into small cubes together with the red onion.
- Mince the jalapeno or habanero pepper and slice the basil. Mix with the diced peaches and onion.
- In a small bowl squeeze the lemon and discard the seeds. Whisk together with the maple syrup and a pinch of sea salt. Adjust seasonings to your taste adding more lemon or salt if needed.
- Pour the lemon juice mixture over the peaches and basil and toss to coat well. Serve with your favorite chips, tacos or these vegan ribs.
You’ll Also Love: