Raw kelp noodle salad recipe with spicy peanut sauce, tropical fresh mango and crunchy veggies, the ultimate summer meal. Good for you, gluten free, oil free, whole foods plant based and 100% vegan.
kelp noodle salad
One of the most delicious ways to enjoy seaweed noodles on a hot summer day while loading up on a bunch of crunchy veggies too! Get ready, because you’ll be going back for seconds.
the spicy peanut sauce:
It’s a lusciously creamy sauce but light at the same time. Stretched out with a splash of coconut milk balanced by a fresh squeeze of lime and a little spicy from your favorite hot sauce or a red hot fresh chili pepper.
Fresh crunchy vegetables like red bell peppers and cucumber complimented by a tropical touch from sweet juicy mango and fragrant basil leaves.
the kelp noodles:
- Translucent noodles made out of kelp or seaweed with a plain mild taste and crunchy chewy texture.
- They are very low in calorie and carbs while rich in fiber, iron, calcium and vitamin K. The perfect noodles for raw summer salads or to be mixed with other type of noodles in stir fries and more hearty dishes.
- Thin and extra long, they can be cut in half if desired but keeping them extra long adds to the fun of eating them. They would pair well with this vegan chicken and broccoli for a more protein rich meal.
TIPS + FAQ
- How do I soften kelp noodles ? There is no need for any type of cooking to soften the noodles. Simply toss them in the sauce you wanna serve them with and they will naturally soften and become chewy in a few minutes. If desired you could do a mix of kelp and brown rice ramen, soba, capellini or raw zucchini noodles and use them in a stir fry.
- Where to buy them: any Asian store or the specialty isle of your grocery store next to the pad thai, ramen and soy sauce or order online right here from amazon. They keep well in the pantry stored next to your regular pasta or refrigerator for up to 6 months.
- Storage: store all your leftovers in the refrigerator in lidded containers for up to 3 days. Keep in mind that the veggies will lose their crunch and soften as they sit so it’s best to only add what you are going to eat at one time.
sauces for kelp noodles:
popular noodle recipes you’ll love:
P.S. If you try this noodle salad make sure to report back and leave a comment rating below, snap a photo and tag me with #VeggieSociety on Instagram, it always brightens my day ~ Florentina Xo’s
Kelp Noodle Salad
- 24 oz kelp noodles
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 mango
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 red chili pepper sliced
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup basil leaves sliced
- sesame seeds for garnish
- 5 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 4-5 tbsp coconut milk
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 1 tsp fresh ginger optional
- 1.5 tsp hot sauce or to taste
- 1 tbsp maples syrup replace with date paste for Plantricious compliance
- 1 lime juiced
- Remove the kelp noodles from the package and rinse well in a bowl of water. Drain and add to a large salad bowl.
- Slice the bell pepper, cucumber and mango into 2 inch long sticks and add on top of the kelp noodles.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the peanut sauce ingredients until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust seasonings to taste with more lime for extra tanginess or maple syrup for sweetness.
- Pour the peanut coconut sauce over the kelp noodles and veggie and toss to coat well. Allow to sit for a couple of minutes and the noodles will perfectly soften. Sprinkle with the basil leaves, scallions, sesame seeds and fresh chili pepper and serve.
- Add in suggestions: broccoli and carrot slaw, purple cabbage, radishes, cilantro, salty peanuts, snap peas, edamame, etc
- How do I soften kelp noodles ? There is no need for any type of cooking to soften the noodles. Simply toss them in the sauce you wanna serve them with and they will naturally soften and become chewy in a few minutes. If desired you could do a mix of kelp and brown rice ramen, soba, capellini or raw zucchini noodles.
- Storage: Store all your leftovers in the refrigerator in lidded containers for up to 3 days. Keep in mind that the veggies will lose their crunch and soften as they sit so it’s best to only add what you are going to eat at one time.
- Preparation: There’s no need for cooking kelp noodles, simply rinse them well in clean water before using. Toss with your favorite sauce and veggies, throw them in a stir fry and enjoy.
Summer Pasta Recipes: