Italian Wedding Cookies
Neither are traditional Italian weddings of course, where you’ll always find a large dessert table loaded with cookies for the guests. Sometimes even the cake itself is made out of cookies, imagine that!
Christmas Snowball Cookies!
Excuse me while I do my cookie happy dance now!
You’ll Love These Cookies:
Can I Freeze Wedding Cookies ?
Yes but only do so before baking. Shape the dough into golfball sizes and place them on a parchment lined cookie sheet in the freezer for a couple of hours or until solid. Transfer to a freezer proof glass container with parchment paper in between each layer of the cookies and cover with a lid. Bake within two months of freezing.
Store your cookies at room temperature in a glass container and loosely cover with a lid or aluminum foil for up to 10 days.
More Favorite Desserts:
- Vegan Olive Oil Cake
- Vegan No Bake Cookies
- Vegan Custard Puff Pastry
- Raw Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake
- No Bake Coconut Snowballs
- The Best Baklava
- Vegan Pumpkin Bread
P.S. If you make this recipe please come back here to rate it, snap a photo and tag us with #VeggieSociety on Instagram, I love seeing your creations!
Christmas Italian Wedding Cookies (Vegan)
- Preheat your oven to 325”F.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter and 3/4 cup of the powder sugar until fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract and then little by little add the ground walnuts and hazelnuts. Mix until combined.
- Start adding in the flour little by little until mixed in.
- Prepare your largest cookie sheet and using a small spoon form the cookies into rounds, the size of a golfball or smaller. You should have about 45 cookies.
- Arrange all the cookies on the baking sheet without touching each other. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool off for a few minutes before rolling them over in powdered sugar. Dust with more powdered sugar on top before serving.
- You can replace the walnuts and hazelnuts with a mix of your favorite nuts, pistachios, almonds and pecans work well here too. Maybe even add a handful of mini chocolate chips into the mix.
$9.99/year. No ads.